Makes 8 servings
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 stick butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 7 1/2 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes, and using a fork, perforate potatoes along one side to allow steam to escape, where potato will be cut in half after baking. Pat dry, rub on olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Set potatoes on a baking pan and move to oven to bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise, in half, using holes as a guideline. Scoop out insides leaving a thin shell. Mash potatoes until no lumps remain. Add butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, dark brown sugar, marshmallow fluff, and heavy cream.
- Beat vigorously until ingredients are incorporated into potatoes, and potatoes are light and fluffy. Fill sweet potato shells with mashed sweet potatoes then add a handful of mini marshmallows on top of potatoes. Place in oven for another 20 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market