- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 1 Serrano chile, halved and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1 tbsp plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 4 inch piece dried Ancho chile
- 6 cups turkey stock
- Coarse salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp plus 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin
- Preheat broiler. Place tomato, Serrano chile, and garlic on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil, and broil, turning twice, until tomato has softened and chile and garlic have charred, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then finely chop.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomato mixture and dried Ancho chile, and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Stir in stock and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil, and cover. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard dried chile.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and onion. Season with salt. Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market