- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups Turkey Broth
- 1 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups (1/2-inch chunks) skinless cooked leftover turkey
- 1/3 cups loosely packed fresh dill, chopped
- Prepare shortcake biscuits.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt remaining 1 tablespoon margarine on medium. Add chopped onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add carrots, celery, turkey broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- In 1-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons flour into remaining 1/2 cup milk. In thin, steady stream, pour milk mixture into hot turkey broth, whisking constantly. Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute. Stir in peas and turkey; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in dill.
- Spoon turkey mixture into 4 deep dinner plates; top with biscuits. Or serve shortcake-style: Split biscuits horizontally and spoon turkey between halves.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market