Makes 6 servings
- 1 lb Bulk sausage
- 1/2 cup Onion; minced
- 1 cup Celery; diced
- 2 Eggs; beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cup Soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Poultry seasoning
- 3 cup Turkey gravy
- 2 cup Turkey; cooked & diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the sausage over moderate heat until nearly done but not browned, breaking the meat apart with a fork.
- Pour off the fat, leaving about 2 Tbsp in the pan; add the onion and celery and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the beaten eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, poultry seasoning and 1 cup of the garvy.
- Stir in the turkey.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in the sausage mixture, turn into a greased 10 x 7 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until set and browned. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with the remaining gravy, heated.
- An extremely tasty way to use leftover turkey or chicken.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market