Makes 6 servings
This recipe is gluten free.
- 8 cups Turkey Stock
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick, broken
- 1 (3-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, halved
- 4 ounces uncooked wide rice stick noodles (banh pho)
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, peeled and halved
- 3 cups shredded cooked dark-meat turkey
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 2)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh Thai basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 6 lime wedges
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Hoisin sauce (optional)
- Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong; optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large stockpot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Strain broth through a sieve into a large bowl; discard solids. Return broth to pan; keep warm.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 8 minutes or until charred on each side. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Slice onion thinly; add to broth.
- Add turkey and next 5 ingredients (through salt) to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Place about 1/2 cup noodles in each of 6 bowls. Ladle about 1 1/3 cups broth mixture over each serving. Serve with cilantro, mint, lime wedges, and jalapeño. Serve with hoisin and Sriracha, if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market