Makes 4 servings
This casserole combines turkey and ham with bacon and tomatoes in a bubbly, creamy cheese sauce. A great way to use left over turkey and ham.
- 8 slices crisp toast, cut diagonally
- 4 oz fresh sliced turkey breast
- 4 oz sliced ham
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 large tomato slices
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 cup low fat milk
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 4 - 2 cup shallow casserole dishes or shallow ramikins with non-stick cooking spray. Lay four diagonally sliced toast points in bottom of dish. Top with 1 oz each turkey and ham. Prepare a medium cheese sauce: Saute onions in butter, add flour and stir 1 minute.
- Add milk, mustard and salt and white pepper. Cook sauce until thick, then add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Reserve remaining cheese for garnish. Top each casserole dish with 3/4 cup cheese sauce, 2 bacon slices, and two tomato slices. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees or until cheese sauce is brown and bubbly on top.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market