Makes 4 servings
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cooked
- 8 slices turkey breast
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add green onions; saute for about 1 minute. Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Slowly stir in half-and-half and wine.
- Simmer, stirring, for about 10 minutes, until smooth and thickened. Add Swiss cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Arrange cooked asparagus spears in a buttered 8x10-inch shallow baking dish. Place sliced turkey over asparagus; spoon sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika; bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market