Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups blueberries, washed, drained and stems removed
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- To taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups wild and white rice combo, cooked and chilled
- 2 cups COOKED or OVEN ROASTED TURKEY, cut in chunks or strips
- 1 Head butter lettuce, washed, drained and chilled
- 1 Orange, peeled, seeded and cut into segments
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, tarragon and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add rice, turkey and toasted walnuts.
- Divide lettuce and orange segments among individual plates. Top each with the salad.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market