Makes 4 servings
Gluten Free Soup
- 1 - yellow onion
- 4 - cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of peppers
- 1 - 30 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 chipotle peppper in adobo sauce
- 30 oz - chicken stock
- to garnish (definitely use the first two items - the last two are optional)
- corn tortillas OR tortilla chips
- sour cream
- quesa fresca
- Dice the onions and garlic and saute in a little oil until they are soft and golden (5 minutes). Blend the onions and garlic with the whole can of tomatoes, peppers (both bell and chipotle). Put back in pot and cook on medium high for approx 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the chicken stock and let simmer for 15 minutes or so. Salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips or baked / fried corn tortillas and fresh cilantro.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market