- 1 pie crust
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 1/4 rounds
- 1 small eggplant or 1/2 medium one peeled and sliced
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasons
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2-1 tsp pepper
- Prepare the eggplant with salt and rest for 15 minutes. Pat dry and blot up the salt and juice with paper towel.
- Spray both sides with canola oil and lay on rimmed baking sheet large enough to hold tomatoes also.
- Baked eggplant for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, take out and put on the tomatoes. Sprinkle with seasons and a bit of salt and return to oven for additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly and then layer into crust and layer cheese and save 4 sliced of eggplant for the top.
- Mix beat eggs and milk and pour over sliced and cheese and put remaining 4 sliced on top with a bit more cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market