Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp cumin seeds
- 12 cloves garlic, pureed or finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, or to taste
- Juice of 1 1/2 oranges
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- In a small pan, over a medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the cumin seeds and toast them 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic (cook a minute to release oils) then add oregano, salt and pepper and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the orange and lime juices.
- The sauce is best used immediately, but will keep for a few days in the refrigerator.
- Use as a finishing sauce for grilled seafood, such as halibut or salmon
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market