- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 lb. bacon
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded gouda cheese)
- 1 8 oz. can of marinara sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. butter (salted or unsalted)
- Hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a hot frying pan (medium high heat), cook the bacon thoroughly, but before it becomes crispy. Drain most of the bacon fat and set the rest aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bacon, shredded gouda and about 3 tbsp. of the marinara sauce. Mold the mixture into 4 large patties.
- Heat the frying pan to the same temperature as before and place as many patties as you can to fit in the pan.
- While the patties are cooking, melt the garlic and butter in another pan.
- Cut the hamburger buns in half. Dip each bun half into the melted garlic butter as place them face-up on a cookie sheet.
- After the burgers have cooked for about 4 minutes, flip them over in the pan. Top each patty with a tbsp. of marinara sauce and one slice of mozzarella.
- Place in the oven the cookie sheet with the bun halves and the entire frying pan containing your pizza burger patties.
- Let them all bake for about 5 minutes.
- Take everything out of the oven, put the burgers on the buns and you're done!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market