Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of leftover vegetables (green beans and mushrooms are my favorites in this)
- 2 cups of leftover stuffing
- 2 cups leftover turkey (or any other meat)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (optional, I donÄôt add it, but itÄôs in the original recipe)
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining vegetables and the turkey. Mix together and remove from heat.
- In a casserole dish (9×13-inch), spread the stuffing over the bottom. Add the turkey and vegetable mixture and spread evenly on top of the stuffing. If using, add the can of cream of mushroom soup and spread on top of the meat and vegetable mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes and the eggs until thoroughly combined. Spread this on top of the turkey and vegetable mixture (or the cream of mushroom soup, if you used it). Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market