Makes 4 servings
- 4 T-bone steaks,1 1/2" thick, 16oz each
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 pound fresh wild mushrooms -- sliced (chanterelle, morel, oyster,shiitake)
- 1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon -- (dry red wine)
- Grilled tomato halves
- grilled red onion slices
- fresh thyme sprigs for garnish -- (optional)
- Prepare a direct-heat fire in a charcoal grill and oil the grill rack.
- When coals are ready, rub the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Place on the grill and cook, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the thyme and garlic and saute until softened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and saute until softened, 2 to 4 minutes. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil, then remove fro m the heat.
- Transfer the steaks to individual plates and spoon the mushrooms evenly over the top. Garnish with the tomatos, onions and herb sprigs and serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market