Makes 6 cups
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine onion, garlic, and oil in a 2 quart glass measure.
- Cover and microwave at high 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring every minute.
- Add chili powder and next four ingredients; stirring well.
- Microwave, uncovered, at high 6 to 9 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring mixture every 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Microwave, uncovered, at high 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market