Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tbp reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add beef (or turkey) and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato, beans, cumin, chili powder and salt; cook, stirring, until the tomato begins to break down, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and 2 tablespoons of the salsa mixture.
- Add lettuce to the remaining salsa mixture and toss to coat. Divide the lettuce between 2 plates, top with the cooked meat and sprinkle with cheese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market