This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- ¼ cup soy sauce (GF use La Choy)
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp siracha hot sauce
- Make the teriyaki marinade by whisking together the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, brown sugar, rice wine, and corn starch (use a vegetable peeler to remove the ginger skin and then grate with a fine toothed cheese grater).
- Cut the salmon filet into four equal sized portions and place in a large zip top bag. Pour the marinade over top, remove as much air as possible and close up the bag. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, mixing the bag occasionally to redistribute the marinade.
- Heat a large, well oiled skillet over medium/high heat. It's a good idea to use a non-stick surface here too just to be safe (teflon or well seasoned cast iron). The teriyaki sauce gets thick and sticky when cooked. Once the skillet is hot, add the fish, face down. Cook on all four sides for 2-3 minutes each side or until the fish has reached your desired doneness.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sriracha hot sauce and mayonnaise. Serve the fish with a dollop of siracha mayo on top!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market