Makes 4 servings
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops, (about 1 3/4 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- To marinate: Place pork chops in a large sealable plastic bag. Whisk soy sauce, sherry, garlic, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Add the marinade to the bag, seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high. Remove the pork chops from the marinade (discard marinade). Grill the chops 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with the relish.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market