Makes 16 wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings (about 16 wings)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joint to make two sections. Place wing parts on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is brown. Transfer chicken to crock pot.
- Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Stir chicken wings once to ensure wings are evenly coated with sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market