This recipe is gluten free.
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100 g. lightly smoked bacon cut into matchsticks
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 6 yukon potatoes, cut into small cubes (leaving skin on)
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 250 g. Reblochon or any other washed-rind cheese
- Fresh thyme, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in large deep-sided frying pan, add onion and bacon and cook over low heat until onion is soft (5-10 minutes), add wine and cook until evaporated (2-3 minutes). Add potato and cook until tender (10-15 minutes), then season to taste. Add cream, cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Lay half the potato mixture in an 8 cup-capacity casserole or two 4 cup-capacity baking dishes, scatter over half the cheese, then repeat with remaining potato mixture and cheese. Bake until dish is golden and bubbling and potato is tender (30-45 minutes). Serve immediately with plenty of crusty bread.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market