Makes 24-30 pieces
- 2 ½ pounds chicken wings- 12-15 wings (30 pieces split)
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 tbsp oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice/orange juice
- ¼ cup catsup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch blended with 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare chicken and dip in flour, garlic, and lemon pepper seasoning. Heat oil in 12 inch skillet. Add coated chicken pieces and cook until browned, turning occasionally. Do the wings a few at a time so you don?t crowd the pan. Drain on paper towels. Arrange in a shallow pan lined with foil. Use Pam and spray the foil liberally to prevent sticking.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, juice, catsup and soy sauce; heat to boiling and add cornstarch mixture, cooking until slightly thickened.
- Liberally coat the chicken with the sauce and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked. Turn chicken over after 15 minutes, basting with more of the sauce. These should be sticky and a good color. Watch closely and reduce heat if they look like they may burn.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market