- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup organic light brown sugar , packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix - (or your own flour mix with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and a good pinch of sea salt added)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice blend
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 8-inch cake pan and dust it with cornmeal. I used a spring form pan .
- In a large mixing bowl , whisk the eggs until foamy; add the oil; whisk again to combine. Add in the sweet potato puree and mix well. Add the light brown sugar, and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: cornmeal, gluten-free flour mix, baking powder, cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice blend, and sea salt.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon , add the dry ingredients into the wet; and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan Bake on a center rack.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market