This recipe is gluten free
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/2 pound parsnips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel carrots and parsnips, or just scrub well, and halve lengthwise. (If carrots are small and slender, leave them whole. If parsnips are large, quarter them lengthwise, cut out the woody center, and, if necessary, continue to cut into thinner strips to match carrot size.)
- Toss carrots and parsnips with 2 tablespoons olive oil, urfa biber, and salt. Spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to roast. Toss chickpeas in remaining olive oil.
- After 15 minutes, turn carrots and parsnips, add chickpeas, and roast for another 10 minutes. Then toss with pomegranate and molasses and roast for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden.
- Remove from oven, toss with feta and parsley, and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market