Makes 4 servings
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 3 dashes garlic powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup orange-flavored carbonated beverage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and garnish with onion slices. Place 1/8 cup of butter or margarine on top of the chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C); Place remaining 1/8 cup butter or margarine on top of the chicken and bake for 30 minutes.
- Pour orange-flavored beverage all over chicken, bake for 5 more minutes, and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market