Makes 4-6 servings
- 2-3 lbs top round roast
- 1 (12 oz ) can cola (or cherry cola)
- 4-6 medium sized potatoes
- 1 (1.25 oz) package Lipton golden onion soup mix
- Pound or stab the roast. Place the unseasoned roast in a deep baking dish. Quarter potatoes and place all around roast (do not peel).
- Sprinkle golden onion soup mix all over roast and potatoes. Add cola and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 3-4 hours. Let sit 15 minutes before slicing (against the grain). Spoon juices from pan over slices of beef.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market