- 1 pound yellowfin tuna
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- With a sharp knife, cut the tuna into 4 large pieces of appetizer portion, 2 large pieces for dinner portion.
- Use your judgement on what shape you want to cut your tuna because not all tuna is the same size or shape. However, the shape should somewhat resemble a miniature brick.
- Season the tuna pieces with salt and pepper.
- Coat lightly on all sides with breadcrumbs. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat. The pan should be as hot as you can get it.
- Place the tuna in the pan, and sear on each side for about 45 seconds for small portions, or 1 minutes for large. Remove from pan. The tuna will be very rare.
- Slice each "brick" into ¼ inch thick slices, and fan out on a serving plate.
- Enjoy plain, or with the condiments of your choice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market