Makes 1 1/3 cups
This recipe is gluten free.
- 8 ounces small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears of corn)
- 1 cup chopped fresh green or wax beans
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 kirby cucumber with peel, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups torn mixed greens, such as arugula, romaine, and watercress
- 1 cup sprouts, such as alfalfa, broccoli, radish, or pea, optional
- Put the potatoes in a small saucepan with enough cold water to cover and season with salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and put in a large bowl.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and salt it generously. Fill a medium bowl with ice water and salt it as well. Add the corn, beans, and broccoli to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon or strainer to scoop out the vegetables and plunge them immediately into the ice water. Drain the vegetables, pat them dry, and add to the bowl of potatoes along with the tomatoes and cucumber. Toss the salad with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if desired. (The salad may be prepared up to this point 2 hours ahead and refrigerated.)
- When ready to serve, toss the salad with the greens and the sprouts, if desired, and with a bit more dressing if you like your salad on the well-dressed side
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market