- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 5 cups mesclun salad blend (about 3 ounces)
- 10 ounces Black Forest ham, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- Puree olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano in food processor until smooth. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange mesclun on large platter. Arrange ham strips, cheese strips, shredded carrots, halved tomatoes, and sliced red onion in spoke-like pattern atop mesclun. Place egg wedges around edge of platter. Sprinkle with slivered basil.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market