- 6 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. grated orange rind
- Bake sweet potato in a 375°F. oven until tender, about 1 hour. Cut thin slice from the top of each potato, lengthwise, and carefully scoop out the insides. Mash. Sauté mushrooms in 4 tablespoons butter.
- Add to potatoes. Add remaining ingredients except butter. Mix well.
- Stuff potato skins with the mixture. Dot with remaining butter. Bake in 375°F. oven until brown--about 20 minutes. (This may be baked in a greased casserole instead of the potato skins if desired.)
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market