A traditional Sicilian Dish found within certain regions and passed down through families.
- 1 ½ cup marinated roasted roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup quartered marinated artichokes chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, chopped and drained of any juice
- ¾ lb Taleggio sliced thin
- 1 lb fresh cream cheese
- Pint heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano ground
- 2 tsp thyme ground
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- Combine together in mixing bowl tomatoes, artichokes, olives set aside. Slice Taleggio thin and set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat bring to boil the heavy cream and then reduce temp to a simmer. Add the cream cheese a little at a time until completely melted. Add your basil, oregano, thyme, and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes take off burner.
- Repeating the first recipe (of traditional Spadini), you would then place breaded side down and taking a table spoon or just enough to lightly coat the entire side facing up with filling and place a slice of the cheese at the edge of the cutlet and roll. Place onto skewers with bay leaf and onion between roles bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place several of the roles onto a plate and drizzle the herb sauce over the roles. I like to serve with angle hair pasta.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market