Makes 6 servings
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup green onions, finely chopped (divided)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped (divided)
- Juice of one lime
- 1 package extra-thin yellow corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced fresh roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small can olives
- Mexican queso or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Jalapeno peppers
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Salsa dip, if desired
- Fry chicken in some of the olive oil just until juices run clear. Remove from pan and set aside to cool. Chop chicken and mix in a bowl with 1/4 cup of the green onions, 1/4 cup of the cilantro and the lime juice.
- Cover half of each tortilla shell with meat mixture, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan with some olive oil on medium-high heat. Fold tortillas in half, with meat and cheese mixture inside, and place in hot oil. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Fry only the outside of the taco shell, the meat and cheese will be melting on the inside.
- Place cooked tacos on a plate until all are cooked, then let cool just a little. Using scissors, cut each into three triangles and place on a cookie sheet. Spread top of each nacho with a teaspoon of sour cream.
- After sour cream has been added, garnish each with tomatoes, olives, cheese sprinkles, jalapenos, green onion and/or cilantro.
- Place cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven about 4 minutes, or until gooey. Serve on the cookie sheet, or dress it up on a tray with shredded lettuce and place them on top. Serve with salsa dip, if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market