Makes 16-20 servings
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup melted margarine (1 ½ sticks)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 8 oz cool whip
- Large pkg. strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 lbs. Sliced strawberries
- Mix ingredients for crust (pretzels, margarine and 4 T sugar). Put in 9x13 inch metal pan and bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix salad ingredients (1 cup sugar, cream cheese and cool whip) and spread on top of crust.
- Top layer: Mix Jell-O with boiling water. Place in refrigerator. When Jell-O starts to gel, add sliced strawberries. Return to refrigerator. When half gelled, pour on top of salad mixture and refrigerate until firm.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market