This recipe contains gluten free notes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pizza crust (Use Gluten Free Crust)
- 2 lbs mixed stone fruits (peaches, plums, apricots), halved and pitted
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta or mascarpone cheese
- Preheat your grill. Close the lid so that the heat can effectively build up. While the grill is heating, simmer the balsamic and honey in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by about three-fourths. You can also do the pizza in the oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Cook the fruit on the hottest part of the grill, flesh sides down, for about 5 minutes, until caramelized and soft. Flip and grill for another 2 to 4 minutes, until the bottoms are soft. Remove and quarter them. (You can also sauté them or roast them in the oven, flesh side down on pan 400 for 10 min.)
- Grill pizza crust for about 30 seconds, until the dough begins to brown, then use a pair of tongs to rotate it 45 degrees. Grill for another 30 seconds, creating diamond-shaped grill marks on the crust. Flip the dough and place, raw side down, on the cooler side of the grill. If doing it in the oven, put crust in until it starts to crisp and lightly brown.
- Working quickly, spread half of the cheese on the pizza, then top with half of the grilled fruit. Close the grill top and let the pizza grill for 2 to 3 minutes. Use your tongs to rotate the pizza 45 degrees and continue grilling for another minute or two, until the crust is crisp beneath. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the other pizza. If in the oven, spspread cheese and top with fruit, put in oven for 5-10 minutes until crust starts to brown slightly.
- Drizzle the balsamic over the tops of the pizza
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market