Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 small New York strip or ribeye steaks, 1 inch thick
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup water
- Minced parsley
- Cook and stir cheese, garlic, wine, and red pepper over low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melted; keep warm.
- Heat butter in 12 inch skillet until hot. Cook steaks over medium-high heat, turning once, until medium doneness, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add water to skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly to loosen browned bits; boil 2 minutes.
- Stir pan juices into cheese mixture. Pour over steaks. Sprinkle with parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market