Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 4 small new york strip steak (1 inch thick)
- 1 dash freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 sprig parsley, snipped
- Cook and stir cheese, garlic, wine, and red pepper over low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted. Keep warm. Heat margarine in 12 inch skillet until hot.
- Cook beef steaks over medium-high heat, turning once, until medium doneness, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Add water to skillet.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly to loosen browned bits. Boil 2 minutes. Stir pan juices into cheese mixture. Pour over steaks. Sprinkle with parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market