- 1 3-pound beef tenderloin, center cut
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- ½ pound baby spinach
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and sauté until it starts to brown. Add spinach and water. Toss spinach in the hot pan for about 2 minutes or until is is wilted and softened. Transfer spinach to a bowl. Toss with crumbled bacon, raisins and black pepper. Allow to cool.
- Take the beef tenderloin roast and with a knife cut a whole all the way through the center. Try to expand the whole as much as possible. Stuff spinach and bacon mixture into the whole. Tie the roast with kitchen twine to make a tightly packed roast. Lightly brush outside with olive oil and season with dill, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat grill. Sear roast over high, direct heat until browned on the outside (about 15 minutes). Move to indirect heat and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove string and carve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market