This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 12 ounce(s) short pasta, such as orecchiette or mezzi rigatoni (GF use Tinkyada)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup(s) lowfat sour cream
- 4 ounce(s) lowfat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (2 oz)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 can (13.5 oz) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, squeezed of excess moisture and chopped
- 4 ounce(s) mozzarella, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice; stir in the onion mixture.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to coat. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid (adding more liquid if the pasta seems dry). Fold in 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a broiler-proof 2 1/2- to 3-qt casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and broil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market