- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 halibut steaks, 1 ½ inch thick (about 8 oz each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 lb baby asparagus spears, trimmed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat until almost smoking.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and sear 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the fish to a warm platter.
- In the same skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat and sauté the asparagus, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- To serve, drizzle the balsamic glaze over the fish, sprinkle with the spiced nuts and garnish with a fan of asparagus.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market