Makes 2 servings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef (preferable chuck)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking, in it stir-fry the beef for 1 minute, or just until it is no longer pink, and drain the beef in a sieve.
- In a bowl whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, the lime juice, the cayenne, the sugar, the soy sauce, and the garlic paste, add the beef, and stir it to combine it well with the dressing.
- Stir in the scallion and the coriander, divide the mixture between 2 plates, lined with the lettuce leaves, and garnish the salads with lime wedges.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market