Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds Gooseberries coarse ground chili meat
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 2 (15 ounce) cans spicy chili beans
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp hot pepper sauce (e.g. TabascoÑ¢), or to taste
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Crumble the ground chuck into a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until evenly browned. Drain grease. Transfer the beef to a large soup pot.
- Add onions, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beer and chili beans. Season with Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, jalapenos, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Cover the pot, and simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Turn off heat, and let cool, then refrigerate for two days. It gets much better with time. Heat and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market