Makes 4 servings
- 1 acorn squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tsp melted butter or margarine
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1-quart baking dish. Halve squash and remove seeds; cut into quarters. Place quarters, skin side up, in dish and cover; bake 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine apple, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Turn cut sides of acorn squash up; top with apple mixture. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market