Makes 4 servings
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp leaf thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- Dash ground cloves
- Salt and pepper
- 12 to 16 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (12 ounces) mandarin orange slices in syrup or lite syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice and zest from 1 orange
- Heat oven to 425°. Lightly oil a roasting pan. Trim excess fat from pork tenderloins.
- Mash and mince the garlic and blend well with the cumin, thyme, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves; mix with 1 to 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil. Rub spice mixture all over the pork tenderloins. Roast until pork registers about 155°.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cranberries, mandarin orange slices and syrup, sugar, and orange juice and zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until cranberries have popped and the mixture is thickened.
- Spoon some of the cranberry mixture over the pork tenderloins and roast for 5 minutes longer. Heat remaining cranberry mixture to serve with sliced pork. Let the pork rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market