- 2 quarts of gooseberries
- 4 ½ cups of brown sugar
- 1 cups of cider vinegar
- 1 stick of cinnamon (2 inch)
- 8 cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 whole allspice
- Wash the gooseberries, remove stems and blossom ends.
- Place the sugar, vinegar, and spices together in a large pot, then add half a cup of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the fruit and simmer for 35 minutes.
- When the berries are tender and the syrup is thick, turn into hot sterile jars and seal.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market