This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (we like more)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked (GF use Grandma Ferdones)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, and cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat yolks slightly. Gradually stir 1 cup of mix into yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan, and bring to gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter, peel, and juice. Fold in sour cream.
- Pour filling into baked pie shell, and cool. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market