Makes 8 servings
- 4 cups torn chicory (or your favorite) lettuce
- 4 cups loose watercress, stems trimmed
- 2 cups Belgian endive, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 12 ounces smoked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 2 Gala or Red Delicious apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In large bowl, combine chicory (or your favorite), watercress, endive, turkey, apples, pecans, and gorgonzola. In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to make dressing; pour dressing over salad mixture and toss well.
- Divide salad mixture evenly among serving plates; serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market