Makes 6 servings
- 1 package frozen shredded hash browns, partially thawed (24 to 32 ounces)
- 2 cups cooked corned beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp celery seed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American or combination of American and Cheddar cheeses
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Lightly butter a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle about 1/4 of the potatoes the slow cooker, followed by 1/3 of the chopped onion and 1/3 of the corned beef, and 1/3 cup of the cheese. Sprinkle with celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Repeat two more times, ending with the remaining potato and 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and another sprinkling of salt, pepper, and celery seed. Mix together the cream of celery soup and evaporated milk; pour over the potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market