- ¼ lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 onion, cooked and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs spaghetti sauce, without meat
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, cooked and sliced
- 11 oz pepperoni, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano, crushed
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into cubes, or focaccia bread, cheese cubes or cooked ravioli for dipping
- Saute sausage, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium high heat until meat is browned. Drain off and discard fat.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni and basil in a 4 quart slow cooker. Stir in meat mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Use the bread, cheese or ravioli to dip into the fondue
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market