- 5 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 (1 oz) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 2-3 small onions, chopped
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp. flour, diluted in
- 2 tbsp. water
- Put chopped onions on the bottom of the crock pot so the meat has something to rest on. Put the meat in the crock pot and rub the salad dressing powder all over it, turning to get all sides.
- Open soup can and spread all over the roast with a butter knife. Do NOT add any liquid to the crock pot!
- Cook on high for two hours, then on low for another four, at least. You don't want the roast to be falling apart, but you want it tender. Remove the roast and put on a platter.
- Cover with foil and let it rest in a warm place for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, add the diluted flour to the juices in the crock; turn the crock on high for 20 more minutes.
- Stir frequently. You can also make the gravy by adding the crock pot juices and flour mixture to a skillet over a medium/high flame.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market