- 1 pound Sirloin steak, trimmed and cubed
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 cup store bought BBQ sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Five Spice powder
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 24 pineapple chunks
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- wooden skewers
- Divide BBQ sauce in thirds. Reserve one third for brushing kabobs. Add Five Spice powder to one bowl and half of the pineapple juice to remaining sauce. Add meat to each bowl and marinate for 15 minutes, at room temperature.
- Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Assemble beef kebabs:
- Kids': Thread red and yellow peppers, pineapple and beef onto skewers.
- Adults': Thread red, yellow and green peppers and beef onto skewers.
- Grill the kabobs, brushing with remaining sauce for 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Kids Sauces; Meat - BBQ sauce, red pepper, yellow pepper, pineapple and pineapple juice. Seafood - lemon pepper, pineapple juice, canola oil and parsley.
- Adult Sauces; Meat - BBQ sauce, Five Spice powder and peppers. Seafood - lime rind, lime juice, sesame oil, canola oil and cilantro
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market