Makes 4 servings
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, steamed, peeled and deveined
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and peel and slice it. Sprinkle the slices with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the remaining lemon juice, orange juice, shallots, tarragon, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Add the shrimp and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Arrange the greens on 4 large serving plates. Lift the shrimp out of the lemon vinaigrette and mound them in the center of the lettuce. Drizzle the lettuce with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the mango, pineapple and avocado around the shrimp.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market